How to Apply for the Areteem Summer Camps
Early Application Deadline: February 29, 2016
Regular Application Deadline: April 23, 2016
Late Application Deadline (By camp location):
- UCLA Site: May 21, 2016
- Bentley University Site: June 11, 2016
- Georgetown University Site: June 11, 2015
- San Diego Site: June 11, 2015
Follow These Steps:
1) Fill out the or mail a check or money order for the application fee & tuition. Please include the full amount of the fees and tuition to reserve your spot. If the applicant is not admitted into the program, the tuition will be refunded. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
2) Write and submit a Personal Essay (Maximum 500 words, typed or neatly handwritten). Here are some suggested topics:
- A 360 degree introduction of me.
- Select a topic in math, science, humanities or an extracurricular activity that particularly interests you. What specifically intrigues you? Be as specific as you can.
- My parents and me.
- Amazing things have happened since last summer.
3) Write and submit a Parent Statement. The parent's statement is an effective way to help us understand why you want to send your child to our program, so your child will benefit at an individualized level. In this statement, please answer the following questions:
- Describe your child's academic interests, strengths and weaknesses
- Describe your child's personal strengths and weaknesses
- How do you think your child will respond to this intense academic program?
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about your child?
4) Qualify for the programs. Except for Math Zoom, all other programs do not have specific qualifications. Math Zoom is intensive for competitions, and it has special consideration.
- Qualified for AIME
- Scored top 5% or better in AMC 8
- Entered the MathCounts State level competition as individual or as part of a team
- Top performers in ARML
- If you have participated and performed well in other Math contests that you believe are comparable to those mentioned above, please provide detailed information for assessment
Full Scholarship awarded to:
- Top Five 2016 MathCounts National Winners
- Top Boy and Top Girl in the 2016 ARML Individual competition
- Completed Assessment Test.
- Recommendation from a Math teacher or mentor.