Click to View the Typical Daily Camp Schedule (for Residential and Day Campers)
All students who enroll in any of Areteem's Summer Camps either as Residential or Day Campers will participate in the Math Zoom program for all Morning Sessions from 9am to 11:45 am.
Students will have the option of continuing with the Math Zoom program (different from the morning topics) for the Afternoon Sessions from 1:30pm to 4:15pm OR choose from any of the Science Programs including research based projects and experiments in the "Scientific Research" and "Science and Engineering Design Process" and exploring the worlds of science and imagination in the "Science Fiction" track that will allow students to improve their writing skills in science fiction forums.
|Click for Admission Requirements||Click for Assessment Test|
- The renowned math zoom programs focus on nurturing the students’ genuine interest in mathematics and its STEM applications, and developing the true passion for exploring mathematics and related fields.
- Although our students have very outstanding performance in math competitions, Areteem’s goal is far beyond a good score in those tests.
- Consisting of highly acclaimed mathematicians, professors, and math Olympiad winners and coaches, Areteem faculty truly believe in using a systematic approach to train students’ logical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills; this training will take the students much farther than an outstanding performance in math competitions.
- Areteem professors develop effective training materials and personally write and/or hand pick the problems used in our training programs. The professors also personally teach and interact with the students. They are coaches on the side not just "sages on stage"; they spend the effort to understand the students’ knowledge base, guiding them through the thinking process and taking them down the path of finding the solutions on their own.
- Students start to take part in Areteem programs at various levels; some of them are total beginners, and some of them are very advanced. At the summer camps, students are grouped with peers at similar levels so that students are more effectively engaged in their classes and workshops. The conversations on topics discussed in their morning and afternoon sessions go beyond the classrooms and extend to lunch tables and dormitories, along with much laughter and enjoyment for the students.
- The powerful inner force of academic exploration and discovery is brought out that students automatically want to explore more, and voluntarily look for more materials to study and more problems to solve without being asked making them more self-sufficient and capable learners. The skills students acquire at camp will help them to succeed academically in their current 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 studies and beyond in a college setting which they will be more familiar with as the camps are hosted on college campuses.
Camp Subjects and Course Levels:
The subjects that are covered at our Math Zoom Program involve Algebra, Geometry, Combinatorics and Number Theory. Students will be taught all four subjects during the camp according to the particular level a student is at academically and/or what mathematics competitions he or she is involved in after-中国福利彩票邀请码大全. To get an idea of what kinds of levels we have at our camp, including details on the four subjects taught, please refer to the Math Challenge courses on our page as we similarly model our camp groups based on these levels.
Call for the next generation innovators
Are you interested in math in 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 or into high-speed math competitions like MathCounts, the AMCs, AIME and ARML? Does math comes easy to to you? Do you want to be part of the ever growing STEM field and/or witness the fascinating new inventions that are changing the world? Have you ever envisioned participating in a National or International Math Olympiad? Then this camp is for you!
Blast off to exciting math mental challenges that will cover a wide range of constellations including Algebra, Geometry, Combinatorics, Number Theory and more! This camp will benefit students in middle 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 and high 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 (6th to 12th grade) who are especially interested in excelling in their 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 math courses and also in regional, state and international math competitions for the following 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 year. With the guidance of former math coaches and professors you will soon be set to face the galactic challenges of these math problems faced in 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 and after-中国福利彩票邀请码大全 competitions with no fear. The skies are the limit!
- Students that wish to be engaged in more project-oriented research will enjoy the various assignments that will challenge their way of thinking.
- In this camp, the Scientific Research Method is explored and used as a guideline to conduct systematic research on an interested field that can be narrowed down to a specific project under the guidance of an adviser.
- Students will then be able to develop problems to solve, survey the latest research status in the field, design his/her own experiments and determine the procedures and materials to use to carry out their experiments, collect relevant data and analyze the data to identify the pattern in order to reach the result.
- Instructors will divulge both the theoretical knowledge needed to conduct research in depth, and facilitate active brainstorming for solving problems at the particular stage.
- In the end, students will then be able to present their ideas and findings in a mock science fair/competition with the rest of the class and their instructors acting as the competition judges!
Science and Engineering Design Process
- All students who are fascinated with STEM careers especially in engineering and technology will be able to test their skills and strengths when learning all about the design and development of roller coasters!
- Students will learn to be designers in applying their problem solving and communication skills to work with others in groups to create their own roller coaster models.
- This camp incorporates Physics and Math Application in order to find out about the movement of the roller coaster train down the track and in calculating the appropriate speed and distance a roller coaster could travel to achieve maximize G force!
- In the end, students will take on the role of a computer scientist or graphic designer when they are able to create their own virtual roller coaster model and be able to "ride" their personal coaster with 3D Virtual Reality goggles!
- Students will further improve their presentation skills when showing off their new roller coaster to their peers, further helping their self esteem and sense of accomplishment with a job well done!
- For all writers, techies and lovers of "Dr Who", "Star Wars" and more, students will enjoy learning how the works of science fiction are relevant to the 21st century.
- Students will learn about some contemporary technology including communication devices and see how the imagination of the past inspires the future of tomorrow.
- Imagination and Creativity are explored in this class as students will learn to think "outside the box" in coming up with their own ideas of what could be the next big invention!
- The tenets of science fiction will also be discussed in small peer groups allowing students to think of what could happen to us in the future as a result of newer modes of technology
- Students will reflect on their own part they play in society as ideas are openly discussed and writing assignments allow for students to think more freely.
- After a day of classes and workshops, we recognize the need for students to have some time for relaxation and socializing with their peers, balancing their time in the classroom with that of outdoor recreation.
- Students will feel more refreshed and have some time to process what they have learned during the day by giving them a chance to stretch their legs, throw a ball and otherwise take in the view of the surrounding campus.
- At the start of the camp, Areteem staff and faculty take students on a tour of the campus in order for students to feel more at 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 in their "中国福利彩票邀请码大全 away from 中国福利彩票邀请码大全" as a precursor to what they will eventually experience when they leave for their first year in college.
- Various activities usually take place during this time period from around 4:30 to 6pm including going to on-campus facilities and green grassy knolls that are spread throughout the campus so students can enjoy being outdoors in nature and breathe in the fresh air around them.
- Students are usually found playing a variety of sports such as basketball, soccer, swimming, running, throwing Frisbees or just taking in the view sitting under the shade of a tree reading, drawing or playing cards.
- Students will then be able to continue on to a hearty dinner before the evening activities commence.
- After dinner is over, the fun still continues into the evening hours at camp which are open to all residential and day campers. Apart from the rigorous and fun classes and workshops, we realize that students attending our camps need further engagement that will allow for them to improve their leadership and communication skills. Many of these activities still keep an academic focus but are more concentrated on rounding out individual skills and improving group communication.
- Students will feel more confident with themselves when they are given the chance to interact and become more familiar with their fellow campers with the colorful activities planned out by their enthusiastic counselors who certainly bring out the best qualities in their students!
- Counselors will engage students with ice-breaking activities during the first days of the camp where students will be able to learn each others' names, hobbies and interests to make students feel like they are part of a small family during their stay at camp.
- Students take on more leadership responsibilities during such activities such as student-led discussions and debates on current events and topics of interest where they have the chance to openly communicate about their own opinions, learning from each other along the way.
- Guest speakers from Areteem's camp instructors provide students an opportunity to learn about various career professions, opening up their minds to new thoughts and endeavors they may want to pursue in high 中国福利彩票邀请码大全 and college
- Other activities that further broaden students' minds and engage with each other include Pop Culture Trivia Nights, Game Nights (to bring out your playing cards and video game skills!) and Arts and Crafts (which are quite relaxing for both boys and girls alike!)
|Click for Admission Requirements||Click for Assessment Test|
More information on Summer Residential Camps